Effective July 1, 2010
AppStack hereby grants you permission to use the Web site as set forth in this Site Terms, provided that: (i) you will not copy or distribute any part of the Web site in any medium without AppStack’s prior written authorization; and (ii) you will otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of these Site Terms and will not use the Web site in violation of the law or these terms of service.
You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc., that accesses the Web site in a manner that sends more request messages to the AppStack servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, AppStack grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. AppStack reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Web site, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Web site for any commercial solicitation purposes.
The content on the AppStackWeb site, including without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, interactive features and the like (“Content”) and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein (“Marks”), are owned by or licensed to AppStack, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States and foreign laws and international conventions. Content on the Web site is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of AppStack. AppStack reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Web site and the Content. You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Content other than expressly permitted herein for any commercial purposes. If you download or print a copy of the Content (whether or not permitted), you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of the AppStack Web site or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the AppStack Web site or the Content therein.
It is the policy of AppStack to respond to all claims of intellectual property infringement. We will promptly investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions required under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2) (“DMCA”) and other applicable intellectual property laws.
Pursuant to the DMCA, notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to a Service Provider’s Designated Agent. Notification must be submitted to the following Designated Agent for this web site:
AppStack, Inc. Email: email@example.com Address: PO Box 518 San Juan Capistrano CA 92693
To be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Unless otherwise agreed in a writing signed by AppStack, by submitting content, photos, video, data or other materials directly through the Web site (collectively, “Materials”), You hereby grant to AppStack a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, fully transferable and sublicensable right and license to access, store, copy, modify, display, distribute, perform, create derivative works from, and otherwise use and exploit all such Materials in any form, media, software or technology of any kind now existing or developed in the future and the right to sublicense the foregoing rights through multiple tiers. You further grant to AppStack a royalty-free right and license to use your name, image and likeness in advertising and in connection with the licensed rights for the Materials.
The AppStack Web site may offer forums, blogs, comment areas, bulletin boards and chat rooms (collectively, “Forums”) that are intended to provide users 18 years of age and older an interesting and stimulating forum in which they can express their opinions and share their ideas. AppStack does not endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or information posted on these Forums. Please use your best judgment, and be respectful of other individuals using these Forums. Do not use vulgar, abusive or hateful language. You may not use the Forums for advertising or promotional materials or other forms of solicitation. Uploading copyrighted or other proprietary material of any kind on the Web site without the express permission of the owner of that material is prohibited and may result in civil and/or criminal liability. Any information you disclose when posting a message in these Forums may become public. You should not include any information in your posting that you do not want other parties to see or use and you hereby agree that you will not hold AppStack responsible for any third party’s use of information contained in such posting.
Given the nature of the AppStack Web site and the volume of Materials submitted, AppStack cannot and does not monitor all of the Materials posted or transmitted by you and other third-party information providers via the Web site, including, without limitation, any Materials posted via the Forums. You expressly agree that AppStack: (a) will not be liable for Materials and (b) reserves the right to review, reject, delete, remove, modify, or edit any Materials at any time for any reason, without liability and without notice to you.
You hereby represent and warrant that: (a) you have all necessary authority, rights and permissions to submit the Materials and grant the licenses described in these Terms, (b) the Materials are accurate, current and complete, (c) the Materials and your use of the AppStack Web site shall not infringe or misappropriate any copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent, or other intellectual property right of any third party or violate any other rights of third party, including, without limitation, any rights of privacy or publicity or any contractual rights, (d) the Materials and your use of the AppStack Web site shall not violate any applicable law or regulation, or cause injury to any person; (e) your participation on or use of the AppStack Web site shall not violate any agreements between you and a third party.
You agree to indemnify and hold AppStack, and its officers, directors, employees, agents, and contractors harmless from and against any and all claims, costs, demands, damages, liabilities, losses or expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from or related to: (a) the Materials you provide, (b) your use of the AppStack Web site in breach of these Terms, (c) your breach of these Terms, and (d) any actual, prospective, completed or terminated purchase, sale or other transaction between you and a third party, and (e) any wrongful action by you in connection with this Site or AppStack’s services.
The following is a partial list of the kinds of activities that are prohibited on or through the AppStack Web site:
- submitting Materials that are patently offensive to the online community, such as content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- engaging in activities or submitting Materials that could be harmful to minors;
- engaging in activity or submitting Materials that harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- engaging in activity that involves the transmission of “junk mail” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spam” or harvesting or otherwise collecting personally identifiable information about Site users, including names, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, (collectively, “User Data”) without their consent;
- engaging in activity, or submitting Materials, or promoting information that is false, misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- submitting Materials that contain restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images;
- submitting Materials that display pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- submitting Materials that provide instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- submitting Materials that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, or any other similar forms of malware,
- engaging in activities or submitting Materials that solicit passwords or personally identifiable information for unlawful purposes from other users;
- engaging in unauthorized commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as advertising, solicitations, contests, sweepstakes, barter, and pyramid schemes;
- using any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor, copy, or “scrape” web pages or the Content contained in the Web site or for any other unauthorized purpose without AppStack’s prior written consent;
- using any device, software, or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Web site;
- decompiling, reverse engineering, or disassembling the Software or attempting to do so; or
- taking any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the AppStack web site or AppStack’s hardware and software infrastructure or that of any of its Licensors or Suppliers.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE APPSTACK WEB SITE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. APPSTACK MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITING TO, FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEB SITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEB SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONSIN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE APPSTACK WEB SITE. APPSTACK DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE APPSTACK WEB SITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEB SITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND APPSTACK WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, APPSTACK, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO ANY MATTER WHATSOEVER RELATING TO THE WEB SITE AND ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED HEREIN, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
Indemnification. You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless AppStack, and AppStack’s affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against all third party claims, suits, proceedings, liabilities and costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) to the extent arising from or based upon (a) your negligence , (b) your breach of any part of this Agreement, (c) a claim that any mark, copyright, logo or other Material posted to this Web site violates the trademark, copyright or other rights of any third party, (d) your use of the Web site that is in breach of this Agreement; (e) a claim that Materials posted to this Web site by you contain false, misleading or harmful statements or violates any requirements that are imposed upon you as a result of your business activities by any governmental, regulatory or oversight agency, body, tribunal or proceeding.
IN NO EVENT SHALL APPSTACK, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITED TO, THOSE RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEB SITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR USE RESULTING THEREFROM, OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEB SITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEB SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE APPSTACKWEB SITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT APPSTACK SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Site Terms, and to abide by and comply with these Site Terms. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the AppStack Web site is not intended for children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the AppStack Web site. There are lots of other great web sites for you. Talk to your parents about what sites are appropriate for you.
These Site Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by AppStack without restriction.